suzy and sam from ‘moonrise kingdom’.
they’re low-teenage cute couple like ‘melody’ and their young romance is heartwarming.
john lennon syndrome is when a dumbass thinks they’re concerned about peace and social issues and believe they are in touch with nature when in reality they just say the n word, smoke weed, throw a bunch of hindu and buddhist imagery together and call it “inner peace,” and don’t shower. you probably know a lot of these people
222 Golden Retrievers Gather in Scotland
their purpose is unknown and likely sinister
“Just remember if you look in the face of evil, evil’s gonna look right back at you.”
American Horror Story: Asylum
Gordon Parks - Black Muslim Protest, 1963 (via)
This was 51 years ago. Has anything really changed?
Pros of wearing all black: looks so badass
Cons: everyone knows I had powdered donuts
ygritte challenge: favourite trait → her smile
Ygritte had been pretty in her own way, with her red hair kissed by fire, but it was her smile that made her face come alive.
“In 1921, early suffragettes often donned a bathing suit and ate pizza in large groups to annoy men…it was a custom at the time.”
TIME TO REVIVE A CUSTOM
Person: I’m a woman and I don’t need feminism
What she’s actually saying:
- My life is perfectly okay and I don’t really care what other women go through
- I think feminists are just whiny and can’t take jokes that perpetuate harmful stereotypes
- I believe that people are just obsessed with political correctness
- I am blind to the fact that there are still problems faced by women
- I have forgotten that feminism gave women rights such as the right to vote
- I have no idea that feminism is an egalitarian movement that fights for everyone’s rights regardless of sex, gender, sexuality, race, religion, nationality, and ethnicity but mostly focuses on women’s rights.
- I am more concerned about semantics rather than human rights
- I can’t distinguish between real feminists and shitty people who call themselves feminists
- I still believe in the false notion that feminism is about hating men
- I actually don’t understand what feminism is